Implementing these 5 effective ecommerce link building strategies can significantly boost your website’s visibility and organic rankings, driving more traffic and sales to your online store.
Link building is a crucial aspect of ecommerce SEO (Search Engine Optimization) that can significantly improve your website’s visibility and organic rankings. By acquiring high-quality backlinks from authoritative sources, you can boost your online store’s credibility and attract more organic traffic. We will cover five effective link building strategies specifically tailored for ecommerce websites. These techniques will help you increase your website’s visibility, improve search engine rankings, and ultimately drive more sales.
Powerful Strategies for Ecommerce Link Building
Use the Product Feedback Technique:
One effective way to build links for your ecommerce website is by leveraging product feedback. This strategy involves reaching out to customers who have purchased and reviewed your products and asking them to include a link back to your website within their feedback. By targeting customers who have already demonstrated a positive experience with your products, you can increase the likelihood of obtaining valuable backlinks from relevant and trustworthy sources.
Here’s how you can implement the product feedback technique:
- Identify customers who have left positive reviews for your products.
- Reach out to them through email or social media, expressing your appreciation for their feedback.
- Politely ask if they would consider including a link to your website in their review.
- Provide them with the necessary information and URL to make the process convenient.
Pursue Unlinked Mentions:
Unlinked mentions occur when other websites mention your brand or products but fail to include a hyperlink to your website. These mentions provide an opportunity for acquiring valuable backlinks. By reaching out to the website owners or content creators who have mentioned your brand, you can kindly request them to add a link to your website, thereby enhancing the SEO value of those mentions.
Follow these steps to pursue unlinked mentions:
- Monitor your brand mentions using tools like Google Alerts, Mention, or social media listening tools.
- Identify instances where your brand is mentioned but not linked.
- Reach out to the website owners or content creators via email or social media.
- Express your appreciation for the mention and kindly ask if they could add a hyperlink to your website.
- Provide them with the relevant URL and anchor text to make the process easier.
Pitch Guest Post Updates:
Guest posting is a popular link building strategy that involves writing and publishing articles on external websites relevant to your niche. To maximize the effectiveness of this technique for ecommerce link building, focus on guest posting updates. Instead of writing entirely new articles for each guest post, offer to update and enhance existing articles related to your products or industry. This approach allows you to leverage established content and build relationships with website owners or bloggers who have already shown interest in your niche.
Follow these steps for pitching guest post updates:
- Identify websites in your industry that accept guest posts.
- Research existing articles that are relevant to your products.
- Craft a personalized pitch highlighting the value you can add by updating and enhancing the existing content.
- Include a brief outline of the proposed updates and improvements.
- Emphasize the benefits for both the website owner and their audience.
Get Listed on “Where to Buy” Pages:
“Where to Buy” pages are valuable resources for consumers looking to purchase specific products. These pages provide a list of authorized retailers or ecommerce stores where the products can be purchased. Getting your ecommerce store listed on these pages can provide authoritative backlinks and drive targeted traffic to your website.
Here’s how you can get listed on “Where to Buy” pages:
- Identify websites or directories in your industry that feature “Where to Buy” pages.
- Reach out to them via email or their preferred contact method.
- Express your interest in being listed as an authorized retailer for the specific products you offer.
- Provide relevant information about your ecommerce store, including your website URL, contact details, and any additional information required.
- Emphasize the value your store can provide to their visitors and the quality of the products you offer.
Publish Curated Statistics Pages:
Creating curated statistics pages is an effective way to attract links from authoritative websites and industry influencers. By compiling relevant and up-to-date statistics and data related to your ecommerce niche, you can provide valuable resources for others in your industry to reference. Websites and bloggers are more likely to link to your curated statistics pages as a credible and reliable source of information.
Follow these steps to publish curated statistics pages:
- Conduct thorough research and collect reliable statistics and data related to your ecommerce niche.
- Organize the statistics in a visually appealing and user-friendly format.
- Create a dedicated page on your website to host the curated statistics.
- Optimize the page with relevant keywords and provide clear citations and references for each statistic.
- Reach out to industry influencers, bloggers, and websites in your niche, informing them about your curated statistics page and offering it as a resource they can link to.
- Overcoming Link Building Challenges: Internal Politics, Technical Flaws, and More
- 18 Popular Link Building Tactics You Should Avoid
- 12 Great Link Building Tools That Are Essential To Your Success
- Coupon Link Building for Ecommerce: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Understanding Internal Linking for SEO
- Building Stronger Connections: A Comprehensive Guide to Resource Link Building Strategies
- Top 5 Link Building Mistakes To Avoid In 2023
Implementing these five effective link building strategies can significantly enhance your ecommerce website’s online visibility, organic rankings, and traffic. By leveraging product feedback, guest post updates, unlinked mentions, “where to buy” pages, and curated statistics pages, you can attract high-quality backlinks from relevant and authoritative sources, ultimately driving more sales and success for your ecommerce business.